Friday, May 30, 2008

A Bit More Good News

Whenever I see the adoption agency's name on our caller ID, I get so full of hope. Her voice on the other line sounded upbeat and I anxiously awaited to hear the words. She told me that we received our LOI and I was ready to jump up and down and scream "Thank you Jesus". Right as i was assuming the position to jump and taking in a deep breath to exclaim my gratitude, she said that dirty three-letter word: "but..." Ah, I felt the wind leave my sail, the ton of bricks fell upon my head, my heart sank like the titanic, okay, you get the idea. She continued "but you don't have your confirmation numbers or travel dates." Oh! I was so close to have that joy I've been awaiting for the last two years! Regardless, I am happy that we got 1/3 of the puzzle. I have hopes that we'll be leaving June 6th (our date we were last told) or soon thereafter. I hope to be posting again in the next couple of days telling you our dates. :)

No comments: