Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh, Shymkent!!! I can't believe Obama won!!!

Thanks for sending this pic of me, Jamie!!!

I hope this isn't going to offend anyone, but that's sort of what blogging is all about, right? It's about saying what's on your mind, what you're up to, and how to fix the world in one's humble opinion. :-)

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'd know that there's a joke behind my "Oh, Shymkent!" title... go back to July and you'll understand it better. :-)

My eleven year old woke up this morning and asked me immediately who won and my reply was "just go back to bed for the next 3 or 4 years, and it will be okay." and she laughed. She told me later that she had a dream she was on the Titanic... and I said "that's called 'Obama won', honey". Again, she laughed. She brought me all her money she had saved up from her allowance to help out since she knew things were going to get much worse, economically speaking. She's heard things on the news over the last several months. But apparently, my eleven year old knows more than a little more than half of American voters.

I cannot believe that so many voters went for Obama. I am dumbfounded that so many people have been duped! Did anyone hear about the Ayers story?? Did anyone listen to Revered Wright??? Did anyone hear about how he wants to raise the death tax????? Did anyone know that it's not been proven that he was even born in the United States? Did anyone hear that he has very LITTLE experience and will not be able to protect us??? Did anyone notice how the stock market went down another 5% today after the election results... after it had gone up for several days? And just tonight I read, according to the Associated Press, that Russia is going to send missiles to counter the U.S.

"Russia will deploy short-range missiles near Poland to counter U.S. military plans in Eastern Europe, President Dmitry Medvedev warned Wednesday, setting a combative tone that clashed with global goodwill over Barack Obama's election."


Yeah, goodwill. I have heard over and over again that people like that he has been elected and that a lot of people think it's because he's going to be a push-over when it comes to defense and military. Holy Shymkent, I cannot believe we're in this place!!!! I will not be watching much news now, I used to love Fox News. I am annoyed with McCain and Palin at their poor campaign choices. My sister, a friend of mine (Jim) and I could have run a MUCH better campaign for them! (this is the saving the world part in my humble opinion).

Apparently, there is a bumper sticker out there that has a big "O" in white on a black background and then is says in small letters sh*t... I would get one that says "O" and then Shymkent in small letter. It's really funny! At least there are some people keeping a good sense of humor about this!! lol

It's just that he is so far LEFT (wrong) and I am so far RIGHT (right!)!!! LOL

Finally, I must say that I know that God is sovereign over all the nations, over all things. We'll be okay. As one of my friends sent me in an email this morning, No matter who wins the election......

No Matter Who wins the Election:

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.
ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed this is a bummer, but as you ended your post, God is sovereign. I'm praying for revival, because ultimately that is what our nation needs no matter who are President is. Thanks for your post. I enjoyed reading it.

Beckie

J. Pike said...

All I have to say is: "Everything happens for a reason." =)
Love,
Jamie


O

yeah

Kristin said...

HA HA HA I love the oh shymkent!! I forgot about that. I am soo going to have to start saying this.

The majority of the American population knows way to little about the economy, foreign policy, government, taxes, health care, etc, etc, to realize what a poor choice Obama is. THAT is the reason Obama happened. None of this fate shymkent. I don't buy it. But I must say, I think that in general America is getting what she deserves.

Grr. Stupid election. I cried durring his acceptance speech. Not because I'm happy.

Anyhooooo.... it is totally your blog and the point of it is to say exactly what you want to say. No apologies!

Teresa said...

Ain't that the truth, Kristin! Well said.
I couldn't even watch the acceptance speech; I am "afraid" for America, but I think as a whole, the way you do. I think we're getting the just desserts.

I love you, wish you were here!! Can you email me a pic or 100 of Ezie???? :-)

J. Pike said...

Holy crap! Todd is 15...where did the time go? I wasn't sure how hold he was, but I knew he was a teen. Figured I play it safe, than sorry.

Thanks for the props on my chicken and dumplin's! =)

Love,
Jamie