Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What's the magic word??



So here's a quick little blog for ya.

We're having dinner tonight, Winston, Jasmine, Sophia and me. Jasmine, who is turning four in March, has become quite demanding at times. She knows the way to be polite, but sometimes gets it in her head that she can get what she wants HER way. She put her hands on her tiny little hips and said "Mommy, get me my chocolate milk now!" Well, that's not going to happen. There is no way I am getting her chocolate milk until she asks the right way.
So I redirected her to ask politely and respectfully. So, she changed her body language and softened her tone. She said "Mommy, I want some chocolate milk to drink." I said, "What is the magic word?" She looked at me with her big blue eyes and said "Hocus Pocus." I thought Winston was going to spit out his dinner with laughter. I love my kids so much!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Too cute! She is such a big girl now! WOW!! I can't wait to see her and Sophie :) :)