Monday, July 14, 2008

A glimpse


Here's our daughter Sophie; it's just her ear, but it is all I can do for those of you who are so hungry for pictures! :-)
Once we get custody of her, about a week from now, if I have any time, I will be able to post a whole photo! :-)
Today when she came into the bonding room, she ran towards me!!!! The nurse said that this morning when she got her dressed, that she was all happy, as if she knew she would get to see us. Then they took her upstairs (not sure what is upstairs) before we got there and she started crying for her mama! :-) AWwwwwww..... how sweet is that???
We had a lot of fun with her today, but I think that the longer this goes, the harder it becomes. The thing is, she is ours. Technically, she was ours on the 4th of July! But we must wait until they get their "paperwork" done. I wonder about the legitimacy of this "paperwork" but they hold all the cards. We must wait.
And to be honest, I just want to get home in the worst way!!! I want to be in my own bed at night. I want to get Sophie to know her home and her family. I want to see all my kids; I want to get on with my life. I cannot wait to leave and begin the 'rest of the story'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rest of the story will come soon and this will all be a vague memory. Stories to share with Sophie and others on the journey who need your words of encouragement.

Thanks for the glimpse of her ear! So glad to hear she wants her "mama". What a day it will be for all of you when you begin 24/7 life forever.

Kristin said...

Aww an ear! How sweet. :) I am sitting at your kitchen table right now! Natasha and her kids left today and Daniel is out stalking predators and so I am all by my lonesome. I let Atilla in so I don't feel quite so alone. Jamie and I did sampling at whole foods tonight and it went well! Soup, of course. The baby is kicking a TON right now! Ok I'm writing a book-- I will talk to you later! I miss you!