Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Meet our Kazakh Beauty



I am going to post a couple of pictures here of our daughter. She's sweet and smart. She's a different child since she got out of the orphanage! She's doing great!!!! We got official custody of her on my birthday!!! (the 19th). What a praise and HUGE blessing for me! She has not had any issues whatsoever yet. Her only food issue is that she doesn't like a big variety of foods I've found yet. They told me she'd eat anything! Not at all true. She does give it a good effort though. :-) She sometimes backs away from a food and cries, but she stops as soon as I stop offering it to her. She likes the yogurt, bananas, juice, cookies, crackers. So far, that's about it.
I keep bracing for the worst and praying for the best. She's acted as if she doesn't even remember the orphanage!!! She has blossomed even more here at the apartment in these last 4 days even. It's been unbelievable. I am amazed at her skills she was holding back on us in the orphanage!! She does most things that are age appropriate, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that seems delayed at this point. It's mostly experiences she hasn't had. She had never held a crayon or anything like that. In the BH she would look at it and toss it. Now that she's been around them, she scribbles with it! Yay!
I will post more later about her, but wanted to get these pics up.

6 comments:

Julie said...

What a sweet adorable face. I am glad everything is going so well.

Julie
A future Shymkent mom

Kim said...

Teresa she is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Teresa,

Sophia is so beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! It was so good to read of your journey and now how she is changing so much and blossoming! What a blessing and thank you both for being such a blessing for Brad and Steph.

Steph's mom

greta said...

She is just beautiful! Wow! I want to kiss her cheeks!!!!
I am so happy for you!

Pudgy Pencils said...

Her dark hair and eyes are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these photos! I came across your site through Kazdream and couldn't resist reading your story too. God is so good :D

Anonymous said...

Got on internet quick and to check on you guys....can't read all your entries, but your daughter is gorgeous. What a cutie and glad to hear she is blossoming at home with you now. Looking forward to hearing more.

Beckie