Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh, Shymkent! It's Raining!!!

So Jenn, Brad and Stephanie and our family all got together yesterday evening for some pizza... NOT like home, but for here, it's good food. Anyhow, Jenn was leaving our apartment and came back about 20 seconds later. It was raining outside!!!! Now, you must understand what an event this is. We've been here since June 11th and it's sprinkled 3 times for about 1-2 minutes each. That's it. So rain is crazy here! Jenn told us to go to the window and look at it... it was driving rain and even some lightening! Wow!! It was kind of exciting. So Stephanie and I were looking out the window to the street below at all the cars and I thought of something funny. It rains here like 6 times a year, Jenn said. So I told Steph "I'll bet they're all like, 'crap! where's my wipers switch???' " And then I said "I wonder how you say "crap" in Kazakh?" Then Winston said he thinks it's "Shymkent" and we all chuckled. So as far as we know, they say "Oh, Shymkent! It's raining! Where are my wipers???"
LOL

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL!!!! That is hysterical!