Saturday, July 5, 2008

Whew!!

We went to court yesterday to petition to ask to adopt our little girl. It was very interesting because first of all, it was all in Russian and Kazakh. We had a translator there who filled us in. The judge had a nice face and I thought he looked kind; I had it in my mind that he was a good man with a good heart. He asked us 4 questions. Here, the husband answers and the woman sits quietly! This was very difficult for me not to talk! lol If you know me, you're smiling and shaking your head "yes" right about now!
So, Winston answered the 4 questions short and sweet. There was a bit of a funny moment during our court procedure when he asked how many children we have. Winston said "we have three who live at home, three who are grown and out of the house." and then the judge looked up and said in Russian "And you want a SEVENTH???" I couldn't help myself and let out a giggle and a smile, and Winston said yes, as I shook my head in agreement! He had a look like "O-key dokey!" and sort of shrugged his shoulders! It was pretty funny in such a serious setting. Anyhow, within 5 minutes he said "congratulations on becoming parents---AGAIN". A huge relief and rush of joy come over me! Is that it?? Is that all??? We're done????? Holy smokes!!!! I have another daughter!! I have THREE beautiful daughters!!!! I'm her Mommy! It's official!
So for those of you who might not know the whole story, we have SEVEN children now, AND we have TWO daughters-in-law!!! AND we're expecting two grandbabies!!! One in November from Daniel and Kristin, and one in February from Josh and Jamie!!! We are SO blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. I forgot about the fact that you already had 6. Grandbabies on the way too. How exciting! I hope that you are home quickly now.

Beckie

Teresa said...

Thanks, Beckie!! me too!
Yeah, the judge's face was priceless. I won't soon forget it! It made me chuckle right there in court!!! Not really a good thing but I couldn't help it. :-)

Matt said...

Teresa and Winston:
Congrats! Laura and I are thrilled to know you're parents again, and pray the best for all (and I emphasize all) of you. You maybe the only people I've ever personally known who became parents and grandparents just afew months apart. We'll miss you all at Sychar this year, but look forward to seeing you so time after you make it back home.

Matt

Teresa said...

Matt and Laura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss you both so much!!!!!!! Laura, I've lost touch with you, couldn't find your number!!!!!!!! Thanks for your well wishes on our newest member of our family!
We will miss going to Camp Sychar more than you will know, but we will be there next year as our complete family.
Martina will be going to camp, so be sure and give her a hard time! just kidding.
Love you both!